Skip to main content

Don't shortchange yourself

 Matthew  7:6  "...neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."


Everyday of your life should be geared towards improving yourself, and as you improve yourself, you should also NOT shortchange yourself. A major challenge that holds in our world today is many don't understand the difference between self-confidence and pride. Pride and Self-confidence are totally different things. As you develop yourself, you should exchange your value for nothing less, it doesn't matter how anyone looks at you, its not pride, its called self-confidence. Jesus says "cast not your pearls before swine" meaning do not give precious things to don't who don't value it. You must exchange value for value. You must give value to those when understand what you're bringing to the table, do not shortchange yourself. If you would discipline yourself to add value to yourself, you can discipline yourself not to shortchange yourself before others. I once had a contract to do a particular job for a lower price than what I should be paid, I declined even if I felt I could use such money anyways, I was self-confident enough to stand on what I demand, well I got a much better offer later which recognized the value I was offering, and I took it. Do not shortchange yourself, you have good value. Do have a great day friend


(Daily Nuggets with Tobi Adebayo)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLB'S Top Ten Contemporary Christian Songs Chart- Week 8

Every week the Pastor Lams Blog ranks the top 10 Christian music making the rounds. The lists are compiled solely from expert analysis by the PLB team and can be considered totally definitive but are in no wise discriminatory. It's simply for your enjoyment.  Scroll or swipe through to view full list. We also include a classic in the lists per week. Songs, though released years ago still so awesome we can't do without 'em. You know what I mean right πŸ˜‰. And this week's top 10 goes in this order: 10.πŸ™Œ I surrender- Hillsong United 9. I live for you- Sinach 8. What a beautiful name- Hillsong United 7. Olowogbogboro- Nathaniel Bassey ft Wale Adenuga 6. Kea Galalela- TB1 5. Prepare- Dubaimz 4. Follow you- Cyude πŸŽ‰ 3. You are Jesus- Joe Praise 2. Most High- Nosa ft Nathaniel Bassey 1. πŸ’– Miracle rain- Frank Edwards ... And Frank Edwards is the first artiste on PLB's top 10 to retain first position for 2 consecutive weeks! We just had to keep it there the t...

Apostle Peter- Running 1

A blend of Bible stories, revelations and fiction (literature license) about Peter's life and somewhat complex choices and decisions. Sit back, relax, cappuccino and enjoy! And Peter was running again, away from the persecution that had once again broken out against the Church. Jesus had been long gone. He missed Him. He still had nostalgia and goose bumps whenever he remembered just how divine Jesus was. He had seen Jesus do a lot of amazing miracles but none quite like the last one- he and his other folks, some 50 of them watched as Jesus levitated into the heavens until no physical eyes could see him again. He said He was going to heaven and of course that was true- Peter knew now by deep conviction that he'd walked with God Himself. And for some reason he thought himself a friend of God. He knew he was going to see Jesus again sometime soon. There was no debate in his heart about this. He loved Jesus or perhaps God- they were one and the same persons to him now. He ...

PLB Editorial- Cheers 🍻 to life!

Jesus, while speaking to listeners in John 6 talked of them eating his flesh and drinking his blood and how this would forever quench their hunger and thirst. Most of the people who heard this couldn't receive it, it seemed as if Jesus was trying to initiate them into some cult where they'd all be required to be cannibals. Yet Jesus, unapologetic as He always was didn't even try to break it down to their understanding, instead He said "those who hear and learn from my Father come to me". On that day some of His disciples left Him, citing how His teaching and doctrine was too controversial and hard to take. Howbeit none from the popular 12 left. Fast forward to 1Corinthians11:24 and Paul is reiterating the events of the Jesus' last supper with His disciples as He received it from God. Jesus used those words again "this is my body" and "this is the cup of the new testament in my blood" and required of us to break and eat and also to drink. ...