Skip to main content

Count the Cost

 Luke  14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?


I'd never forget a knowledge I got in my Economics class while I was in my Pre-degree programme in 2013. The lecturer asked "what comes first, consumption or production?", without any hesitation, everyone shouted " Production ". The lecturer looking at us unsatisfied with some subtle grin on his face, asked " why?" , a guy raised his hand confidently, got up and said " because we produce before consumption can take place", the lecturer laughed, and we all for a minute looked bemused with certain indistinct chatters here and there, after some minutes, the lecturer called the young man and asked "so what happens when you produce and there's no one to consume it", and for about some few seconds, there was a seeming silence in the hall, you could hear a pin drop. The loud silence was followed with " Oh, okay " with certain laughs here and there. Oh boy, I felt like my head was openedπŸ˜‚. Some few years later, the scripture above then made more sense to me. Just like the "producer & consumer" analogy, you must think about those who need what you have, you don't start something, and then halfway stop because you didn't count the cost before starting. A house not built on a budget will later turn an abandoned project. Plan your dreams before venturing. You must have thought it through before starting. I always have a word I used "No one sells what doesn't sell", make a proper survey before venturing into that business.Whatever you must do, if its worth starting, its what proper planning, and if you've started something you know you shouldn't, its not too late to have a U-turn πŸ™‚. Do have a lovely weekend ahead.

(Daily Nuggets with Tobi Adebayo)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLB'S Top Ten Contemporary Christian Songs Chart- Week 8

Every week the Pastor Lams Blog ranks the top 10 Christian music making the rounds. The lists are compiled solely from expert analysis by the PLB team and can be considered totally definitive but are in no wise discriminatory. It's simply for your enjoyment.  Scroll or swipe through to view full list. We also include a classic in the lists per week. Songs, though released years ago still so awesome we can't do without 'em. You know what I mean right πŸ˜‰. And this week's top 10 goes in this order: 10.πŸ™Œ I surrender- Hillsong United 9. I live for you- Sinach 8. What a beautiful name- Hillsong United 7. Olowogbogboro- Nathaniel Bassey ft Wale Adenuga 6. Kea Galalela- TB1 5. Prepare- Dubaimz 4. Follow you- Cyude πŸŽ‰ 3. You are Jesus- Joe Praise 2. Most High- Nosa ft Nathaniel Bassey 1. πŸ’– Miracle rain- Frank Edwards ... And Frank Edwards is the first artiste on PLB's top 10 to retain first position for 2 consecutive weeks! We just had to keep it there the t...

PLB Editorial- Cheers 🍻 to life!

Jesus, while speaking to listeners in John 6 talked of them eating his flesh and drinking his blood and how this would forever quench their hunger and thirst. Most of the people who heard this couldn't receive it, it seemed as if Jesus was trying to initiate them into some cult where they'd all be required to be cannibals. Yet Jesus, unapologetic as He always was didn't even try to break it down to their understanding, instead He said "those who hear and learn from my Father come to me". On that day some of His disciples left Him, citing how His teaching and doctrine was too controversial and hard to take. Howbeit none from the popular 12 left. Fast forward to 1Corinthians11:24 and Paul is reiterating the events of the Jesus' last supper with His disciples as He received it from God. Jesus used those words again "this is my body" and "this is the cup of the new testament in my blood" and required of us to break and eat and also to drink. ...

Going on to know Him

People easily judge other people when they don't know them. We all may be guilty of this. A Lotta times, we stereotype people by how they look, their dressing and outward mannerisms ever before we hear them speak. I have been shocked many times of how guilty I've been with this. The most recent of such a person I nearly badly stereotyped turned out to be such an incredible person, so different and special in her way and she helped me in many beautiful ways such that we became pretty cool friends in the space of just a few months but this was the same lady I almost thought was way away from my type of friends. We've all made such mistakes so don't look at me that wayπŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‡. When we were done with the project that brought us together, I offered to take us to an icecream spot- it would probably be the last time we were seeing so it was my way of saying "thanks". There I told her how I had felt about her when I first saw her and she was somewhat unsurprised and sa...